Voluntary Interruption of pregnancy
What the L.O. 2/2010 says
The Ley Orgánica 2/2010, of March 3, regulates, among others, the conditions of the voluntary interruption of pregnancy and the guarantees in access to the benefit and the difference between the Interruption of pregnancy at the request of the woman and the Interruption for medical reasons
“Pregnancy may be terminated within the first fourteen weeks of gestation at the request of the pregnant woman”.
Exceptionally, the pregnancy may be interrupted when any of the following circumstances occur:
Art. 15a) That the 22 weeks of gestation are not exceeded and provided that there is a serious risk to the life or health of the pregnant woman and this is evidenced in an opinion issued prior to the intervention by a doctor or specialist doctor other than the one who is the practice or lead. In case of emergency due to vital risk to the pregnant woman, the opinion may be dispensed with.
Art. 15b) That 22 weeks of gestation are not exceeded and provided that there is a risk of serious abnormalities in the fetus and this is recorded in an opinion issued prior to the intervention by two specialist doctors other than the one who practices or directs it.
Art. 15c) When fetal anomalies incompatible with life are detected and thus recorded in an opinion issued previously by a doctor or specialist, other than the one who performs the intervention, or when an extremely serious and incurable disease in the fetus is detected in the time of diagnosis and confirmed by a clinical committee.
Our security is your security:
- Our security is your security:
- All people who access the clinic must pass in front of the thermal camera for temperature control.
- We provide a mask during your stay and you have hydroalcoholic gels at your disposal.At Clínica Guadiana we take care of you with all the security measures so that you can exercise your right to abortion with all the sanitary guarantees.
Your health is our health.
This method is indicated for patients with gestations between 5 and 9 weeks, once the gestation can be diagnosed as developing and intrauterine by means of a diagnostic ultrasound scan of gestational age and if there is no medical contraindication.
It has a low failure rate of between 1 and 5%, in which case the procedure would be completed by aspiration and/or curettage.
After providing the pregnant woman with the information contemplated in Law 2/2010 of 3 March, a first visit will be made to the clinic to carry out the necessary tests, provide the first medication, and deliver the medication to be taken by the patient at home 48 hours after having taken the first one.
With this method, the abortion ends with the expulsion of the gestational sac, and this happens between 1 and 6 hours after taking the second medication and at the patient’s home. In some cases the expulsion is delayed.
During the home procedure, it is very important that the patient is accompanied by someone who is familiar with her situation.
An appointment will be scheduled after the process to confirm that it has been completed correctly and that there is no risk to health.
The instrumental method or surgical abortion is performed from the sixth week of gestation and with no more than a limit of weeks than those established by law. It is a simple intervention, which requires anesthesia, in which after dilating the cervix By mechanical and / or pharmacological means, and always under ultrasound control, we proceed to the aspiration of the uterine contents and to a verification micro-curettage.
The procedure can be carried out under local (up to 12 weeks’ gestation) or general anesthesia. In both cases, the stay in the clinic is about 4 hours. After the intervention, you will remain in the recovery area for observation until discharge.
You will be asleep between 6 and 8 minutes. The anesthesia is administered intravenously.
You will be awake during the intervention, so it requires your collaboration and a good level of self-control. Anesthetic drugs are given by injection into the cervix (neck of the womb).
INTERRUPTION OF PREGNANCY
If you reside in Spain
INTERRUPTION OF PREGNANCY
Non-residents in Spain
The Law 2/2010, allows the Voluntary Interruption of Pregnancy up to the 22nd week of gestation in certain cases.
If you do not reside in Spain and want to interrupt the pregnancy in our clinic, contact us and we will inform you of the entire process.
- Go without contact lenses or with a container to be able to store them during the process.
- You should not eat, drink or smoke for 6 hours before the appointment for the intervention.
- 1 hour before the appointment do not urinate.
- Bring underwear that allows the use of compresses.
- Take off any accessories such as earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces or jewelry, and nail polish.
- Do not drive during the hours following the intervention.
- If possible, be accompanied by an adult.
- On the day of the first informative appointment, you will be explained in detail how the whole process will be, since on the day of the intervention the steps to follow may be different depending on the weeks of pregnancy and the chosen technique.
- Call us so that we can resolve doubts about your process.
- You should know that the day of the intervention an ultrasound, clinical and analytical history is carried out and the pertinent Informed Consents are signed.
- The average stay in the Clinic is usually about 4 hours.
- Upon discharge, you will be given a medical report, all the information on subsequent care and also the team of specialists will provide you with a 24-hour emergency telephone number for any setback outside of office hours.
- ID card or passport.
- Family book and DNIs of father / mother or legal guardians (only minors).
- Informational Envelope Pink Receipt.
- Documentation delivered by the hospital center.
- Relevant medical reports on the health status of patients and ongoing medical treatments (if applicable).
The treatment of personal data is strictly confidential following the regulations. All information is encrypted and disaggregated so that the woman’s personal data is nowhere to be seen.
Yes, women may voluntarily terminate their pregnancies from the age of 16, without the need for the consent of their legal representatives.
In the case of women under 16 years of age, the regime foreseen in article 9.3.c) of Law 41/2002, of 14 November, will be applicable.
Every licensed clinic must have a health registration number. We have an exhaustive control, with frequent Health inspections.
In addition, one way to check if it is a Center is legal or not, is to call the Ministry of Health, where they can confirm this information.
- Do not have intercourse with vaginal penetration until 10 days after the intervention.
- If you bleed, don’t use tampons, just pads.
- Do not perform internal vaginal washes.
- In the first days avoid physical exercise and weight bearing, it could increase bleeding.
It is advisable to go to the clinic for a check-up 15 days after the intervention, at this appointment a follow-up ultrasound will be performed.
Yes, there is no problem, you can use any means of transport, you just have to bear in mind that you cannot drive.
The legal limit for voluntary abortion is 14 weeks and 6 days. In the case of wanting to terminate the pregnancy later, there must be a fetal health and / or maternal health problem justified by a medical opinion.
Maternal health should be viewed from a biopsychosocial perspective, where the existence of a physical or mental health problem is a reason for terminating the pregnancy beyond week 14. Therefore, we recommend that if you are over 14 weeks, not stop coming to the clinic, because each case is evaluated individually.
After a pregnancy interruption, there are hygienic-sanitary recommendations to follow in subsequent days. You should not have vaginal intercourse until about 10 days after the intervention. Upon discharge, these instructions will be given to you in writing.
After the intervention you should consult with your doctor or gynecologist about which contraceptive to use and when to start using it.